Why do we LOVE a Christmas Market??
To get us into the Christmas Spirit of course
Well amongst other things
It takes a few years to make a tradition and St Annes on Sea have made a great start. Ok it will not be as big as Manchester, yet, but you don’t have as far to travel
Why do we all LOVE a Continental Xmas market, the markets originating in the colder central/Northern European countries, such as Germany, Austria & Hungary. It’s the sights the sounds and the smells, the atmosphere, happy families, friends, browsing for Xmas gifts eating outdoors at one of the food stalls (trying some form of Sausage LOL) and for us adults, it’s the liquid that ‘warms the cockles of your heart’ ………….gluhwien (or any type of mulled alcohol)
It’s nostalgia for something we have never had, such as snow dusted spires and town squares and rosy cheeked families in Alpine hats and gloves laden with shopping bags full of hand crafted gifts. It’s the stuff on the front of many a Festive card, Advent Calendar, and peddled by the big brands and supermarkets with their European foodstuffs. But we don’t care, we lap it up along with the delightful wooden cabins, bright lights and jolly music. The one thing that does resonate is the feeling of community and Christmas Spirit
Coming over all Continental
Thanks the KC Photography for the image
For the second year running over the weekend of December 8th – 11th sees Ashton Gardens go all Continental with a Christmas Market and will see a Winter Wonderland of stalls and cabins (more this year) , with festive lighting to guide you through the food, drink, and gift options available on Ashton Gardens plus across the town there will be Late Night opening, festive windows, seasonal costumes.
Come hungry as there will be at the markets and in town (example) Pizzas, dips, marinades, arts & crafts, candles, cards, sweet treats, wreaths, beer chalice glasses, driftwood homewares, savoury grazing cups, Scotch eggs, alcohol, ink art, doughnuts, drink shimmers, gins & rums, baked treats, ceramics and Christmas goods are just a taster of your options.
Some of the lovely people that will be ‘plying their wares, lovely to see that 95% of them are Lytham St Annes/Fylde Coast/Lancashire or North of England
- Africa Al’s Limited A range of Cooking Pastes and chilli dips/marinades with a West African twist
- Akcreationsuk Handmade dream catchers and crotchet items
- Andalucian Olive Company Premium Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oils & Balsamic Vinegars
- Barkelicious Proper treats for top notch dogs. Meaty, natural and gluten free dog chews
- Blackpowder Distillery Distilled locally in Weeton, a range of gins, liqueurs, rums, whiskey and port
- Bluewater Ceramic Giftware and ceramics
- Bowes Dairy Produce Coole Swan Irish cream liqueur
- Boxstar Creative Ltd Shimmer for drinks
- C F Fundraising Ltd on behalf of Lancashire Wildlife Trust information stand, raising awareness, letting people know about the nature reserves that they can go and visit.
- Crafty Clarence x Pick n mix products, fudge and chocolate products. Also seasonal handmade craft items Handmade sugar cookies and bakes.
- David Robinson trading as Art North A range of framed and unframed artwork/gifts such as coasters and greetings cards
- Dawsons Emporium Handcrafted items-sewn products Art supplies Home and body scented products Cards Art kits Soap fluff
- Dogs Trust-Excel Fundraising Provide updates and advice on how to help the Dogs Trust, and should they wish to do so. sponsoradog.co.uk
- Emma’s Sweet Treats Brownies, Traybakes, Crodots, Dougnuts, Cookies, Blondies, Cakes, Sweets, Desserts.
- Fizz and Dreams Ltd Mulled Wine, Hot Drinks/ Prosecco/ Soft drinks/ Bottled beer
- Freshly Made Doughnuts Freshly Made Doughnuts hot and cold drinks
- Goosnargh Meats Hot Food Breakfast sandwiches using our homemade sausages, home cured bacon and local eggs. Homemade burgers from our home reared beef and lamb in a range of flavours Hot baguette, chips, sausages in a range of flavours
- Gourmet Grazing Grazing cups- cheese charcuterie, antipasti. Homemade bakes, cookies, cakes, brownies Festive loaded croissants
- Green Leaf Clothing Top brand ladies festive clothes and high quality brands Phase Eight, Mint Velvet, Coast
- Green Sanctuary LtdTropic skincare is 100% natural, vegan friendly and cruelty free skincare, body care & make-up
- Handcrafted Jewellery by Kim Artisan Jewellery in 925 sterling silver, base metal, macramé and other mediums
- Hubblebubble Edible Christmas decoration/sweets walnut whip figures. Hand dipped candles wax melt making kits. soaps
- Istanbul’s Kitchen Turkish Street food, chicken shawarma kebabs ottoman kebabs, Istanbul doner. Turkish cakes and deserts, rice, chips ,kebab wraps cold drinks hot drinks. Turkish kebab samosa Turkish cheesy pastry/Hallomi kebab and bagels
- Jeanette’s Tropic Skincare Tropic skincare representative.
- KUB Dogwear Luxury dog wear, collars, leads, harnesses, raincoats, natural dog treats
- Lateo Hospitality Alcohol for immediate consumption and soft drinks
- Lucas Pinder Photography Photography fine art work prints of different selections of characters from film, game, music and television
- Lucela’s Ltd
- Lytham Gin/Sandgrown Ventures Ltd Ten varieties of small batch craft gin distilled in Lytham, Lancashire. 3 craft rums. to buy in 70cl, 50cl, 20cl, 5cl bottles plus gift sets and gin baubles
- MARGARETS FLORIST Floral bouquets and Christmas wreaths and gifts
- MC Catering, Cuffe and Lacey, Sorrel design Mulled wine and advertising for foster carers unique sustainable hand made crafts
- Manchester Laser Wooden laser cut gifts
- Marley’s Pizza LTD Authentic woodfired Neaopoltion pizza
- mjm promotions ‘BLENDY PENS’..AN AMAZING COLOUR BLENDING AND AIRBRUSHING ART SET WITH STENCILS
- Mr Murray’s Scotch Eggs Artisan Scotch Eggs. Traditional Sausage Egg – English Mustard Mayo Bury Black Pudding Egg – Apple & Ale Chutney Smoked Salmon Egg – Fresh Garlic Aioli Cheesy Rarebit Egg – Chilli Jam
- No.186gin No.186gin produce local, multi-award winning gins .
- OFINA Wax melts and candles with matching hand/body wash/lotion
- Oldfield Cake Kitchen A range of homemade chocolate brownie in various flavours and toppings
- Orchard Candle Co Handmade soy wax candles , wax melts and reed diffusers
- Organic Art Uk Christmas Decorative Items. Hand Crafted and Floral products which includes: Wreaths, Garlands, Table Centres, Grave pots
- PicknBrix Lego inspired christmas minifigure themed baubles that include design your own minifigure bauble with families of up to 5 available in 1 bauble
- Pookie Snudge DesignsHandmade jewellery made using sterling silver, sea glass, resin, polymer clay and beads with some small home accessories including Christmas decorations.
- Pot Bound Art,Houseplants, Pots, Crystals, Spiritual Gifts
- Pudalicious Hand-made Puddings, cold for off-site consumption. Fruit crumbles and sponge-based puddings: • Apple Crumble • Apple & Cinnamon Crumble • Apple, Sultana & Cinnamon Crumble • Apple & Blackberry Crumble • Pear Crumble • Rhubarb Crumble • Lemon Crunch Crumble • Sticky Toffee Pudding • Syrup Sponge Pudding
- Reminisce Beverage Bus 1954 Albion Victor bus , Called Reminisce selling draught lagers , cider , Prosecco , wine , soft drinks, water , mixers and a selection of non alcoholic beverages
- Ruff & Woof LTD Natural Dog Treats (all dehydrated to remain nutritional to dogs) Homemade fleece Snuggle blankies Homemade Christmas Stockings Dog treat filled baubles
- SUGAR WISHES CAKES Stuffed cookies, cake jars, hot chocolate bombs, cupcakes, chocolate lollies, brownies, blondies, cookie bars, flapjack, cookie pies, school sponge
- Seamstressed Childrens clothing and accessories Handmade, up to age 12y Bright and quirky designs Heavy, soft, quality fabrics Eco-conscious, slow fashion ethics
- Shaw Meats Ltd Range of cured meats and salami, seasonal game products, gluten free products,dry aged steaks
- Sizzlers Prime Meats Artisan catering butcher specialising in British Game
- Skyclad Hot drinks, cakes and savouries.
- Spice Club Roadshow Bringing you homely, authentic, quirky punjabi street food
- Spirit of Garstang Gin Master distillers with a wide range of Fair Trade Gin, Rums and vodka
- Sticky Chocolate Handmade Fudge & Chocolate
- Sweet and Peachy Quality handmade ceramic and dreamcatcher gifts that are uniquely made.
- The Bluebell Bunny Handmade jewellery, delicate, quirky and fun
- The Manchester Soap Company Ltd Handmade botanical soaps, bath, body & skincare products, all lovingly made in small batches
- The Pegline Beautiful bohemian fashions at great prices.
- The Roaming Gallery Marvel and DC characters all painted by local artists along with legendary pop artists original art prints
- The Scarf and Bag Gallery SILK AND CASHMERE SCARVES, LEATHER GLOVES and ACCESSORIES
- The coffee saddle Coffee, Tea and Hot Chocolate of the Boozy kind
- The hidden hut ltd Candles • Gifts • Homeware
- Three Wheel Gin Co Small batches of hand crafted gin from the edge of Morecambe Bay.
- Tilly’s Little Treasures 100% Handmade, ethical jewellery with sea glass sourced from England’s North West coast
- Tornado Potato Blackpool Hot Warming Food
- Troy Greek St Food Greek Donners, Kebabs and sides
- Working for Wildlife Ltd T/A The Woodland Trust
Guess who’ll be Dropping by